Women on a mission...

I didn’t know what else to title this blog.


It sounds so cliché (and perhaps so cheesy) but to be honest the above title does explain where I am at.

If it wasn’t for God, I wouldn’t be the woman I am today and if it wasn’t for Him, I wouldn’t even be writing this blog and hopefully be encouraging His beloved with it.

From reading my previous blogs, I may have mentioned maybe once or twice that I serve at my university and my local church. To be honest I wasn’t expecting to be used by God in this position.

I love this scripture...

(Matthew 23:8) 8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

So every week, I serve Gods people encouraging them to draw closer to God and fellowship with other likeminded believers.

To be honest despite its challenges, I absolutely love it and I wouldn’t have it any other way. The way I ‘fell’ into leadership was so God. I did doubt myself. I'm the quiet/shy one but hey it’s amazing who God can use. If He could use Moses (a stutterer), then surely He could use me.

I can’t emphasize enough that leadership is service. It involves faith, dependency on God, hard work and sacrifice. It’s not easy but with God it’s beautiful but this is not what my message is about.

As the years go by I can see my future forming before my eyes.  When I became the president of one of the Christian Societies at my university, I had one ‘mission’, if you like, on my heart and I didn’t know how it was going to complete it. My vision was for all the Christians Societies to unite in Jesus name instead of being so divided. Ultimately i wanted other students who didnt' know Jesus to have an opportunity to have a relationship with Him too.

You must that understand that it wasn’t easy it and it took us nearly two years to get to the stage that we are at now. As i write this i'm excited to announce that we'll be having our first combined event soon. I don't think this has been done before.


Personally, I’m believing and hoping that students will be inspired, challenged and hopefully just hopefully accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal saviour through this event that we are going to organise. So the date is set. I am nervous and excited. You would have thought that I was planning my wedding! I have never ever done anything like this before and it just started with a decision saying ‘God, I am in this and with you I am going to do this’. The other Christian uni leaders keep telling me ‘step back and let God’. So guys if you’re still reading please be praying for this- this means the absolute world to me.

To God be the glory. Lots of Love
Jennifer x

Comments

Popular Posts