Trying to do this Jesus thing...




I am 19 and i'm a student. I gave my life to Christ a few years ago and it's a decision that i do not regret, if anything i just wish that i met Christ sooner but i'm learning that its never to late to become a Christian and at least He's in my life now.

As a young teen there are many distractions you know the worldly culture, partying, sex, drugs , alcohol etc , i mean since i became a Christian i picked up a new Cross - His Cross, so obviously my lifestyle is going to change right? It has.

Iwill be lying if i said letting go of some stuff was 'easy' but its worth it and i look back now and i am glad that Gods building my character so i can be what He wants me to be.


Mark 8:34 (New King James Version)

When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.



Lets face it...if it wasn't for God i wouldnt be who i am today and thats not me trying to sound 'holy' its the truth. Anyways, point being i am learning and there was a point in my life where i said to myself (it took a while but i got here) 'let me dwell in the Biblical things, heavenly things, instead of the things of this world'

Honestly, there's nothing in this world that can compare with Jesus Christ. There's nothing that can fulfil you but Him. I have walked on this planet for 19years (ok fine 18) and i have seen that there is nothing here that can fill me like He can. Even the short time lusts of the world and it's temporary pleasures wont give you joy. Maybe short term happiness? but its nothing more than a short term thrill.

So i decided to focus on two things

• Wisdom
• Service

Proverbs 8:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 For wisdom is better than rubies,
And all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.
12 “ I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And find out knowledge and discretion.

John 12:26 (New King James Version)
26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

The Christian walk isn't about trying to do the right and wrong thing for example 'today i must be good or else God wont give me a sweet'. Its much bigger (AND DEEPER) than that. If you try living this life being perfect all the time then Goodluck! and REVELATION it won't work. You can't avoid all bad things but with Christ you can walk through them

We Christians are not called to a life of bondage but freedom and i tell you i am more free now as a Christian then before i knew Him.

By dwelling on wisdom it has changed my way of thinking and my perspective on life. Yes i'm still trying to work it out and i guess thats what makes it exciting!

Service is a practical thing- you DO it. In Church and out of it.

Hope this post encourages you.

Much Love in Christ

Jennifer

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts