But God does have a plan for you...

Our God exalted


Throughout the Old Testament it is evident that God always focused on the needs of His people, our God is amazing and is our Provider. He is also the ultimate romantic and God was willing to go through extreme lengths just so He could have a relationship with His people. What does this show about our God? That He is Faithful. Sometimes when we are willing to give up on ourselves or when people give up on us, God doesn’t and He’s continuously faithful and even until this day He continues to be on your side.


God has a Plan


Plan= have the will and intention to carry out some action;


Jeremiah 1:5 Amplified Version

Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.


I have chosen this verse as it shows us that God has a plan for each and every one of His people. This verse also shows us that we were made in Gods image. He formed us and He knew us before we were born and now.


Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.


God’s ways are different to your ways. The way you see life is different to the way God sees life. When we see the negatives and stresses to life, God sees the positives.


Our spiritual walk is important in order to fulfil Gods plan. God may ask you to let go of certain things in your life that is hindering you from getting to get to where He wants you to be, for example a negative relationship which is causing you to back slide. As Christians we must have faith and Trust in Him, let Him take control and try not doing it ourselves. It’s that act of surrender when we give ourselves up and say ‘Lord I trust in you’ - sounds basic right? Letting go for some is quite hard, by despite certain situations we have to remember that we are not in control of our own lives God is.



Some times God may place you in a certain situation where you could possibly feel uncomfortable and it’s so easy to say God ‘if you put me here instead I will be better’. Of course God knows what’s best for you, He’s in control. For example, I come from a non- Christian household/family, so for me at times it could be quite difficult but some how God still tends to glorify Himself in my situation.

It’s so easy for me to say if my family were all Christian, I could preach more or do this more and even though it may be true, regardless of the circumstance I firmly believe God can still glorify Himself in this situation. Now I have two sisters and a cousin visiting my church (they were not interested in church life whatsoever). The point is that God still managed to use me as His vessel to do as He pleases in my situation, it is obvious that I didn’t do that but God did. To God be the Glory.



God raises leaders = YOU

Leader- A leader is someone who arises from their situation and live life inspiring others.


Leaders have qualities and by looking at the verse in Jeremiah (above) it’s obvious that God blesses us with our skills and talents. For example, I was talking to my brother in Christ about music. He said ‘before I used to think its so easy being a musician, all you have to do is write music and sound, simple’. It’s not. We both discussed that God Blesses His Children with these amazing talents. Not all of us can sing as well as others, however we are still blessed with the talents that God has given us and when it’s a God given talent we succeed. The amount of times I look at brothers and sisters lives and see the way God uses other people’s talents to help build each other it’s overwhelming. Each of us, including YOU is needed. We're all needed in the Church. Don’t let the enemy fool you and tell you that you're not important.


But what if you don’t know what your talents are? My Pastor said ‘most Christians waste their time on trying to work out what they are good at instead of going in and getting involved with what they have already have to offer’ that’s true. I’m not trying to sound like a career service, because I’m not. God has the Plan, not man. But it’s true by participating in the Church and learning off others, you will soon learn your talents skills, why? Because you’re getting involved.


Christ the foundation

Matthew 7:26-27

26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."


We need to do as He commanded. Hear His words and teachings and apply. If not, we do not have a proper foundation. Christ tells us this because He is the Foundation. having Christ and the foundation in anything, career, marriage, household and most importantly our relationship with Him, is going to hold us together when things fall apart.


Being a leader doesn’t always require fame and attention; you can be a leader in your community by helping others. For me there is nothing better than seeing a generation fired up for Christ that is trusting and living for the Lord Jesus. I am very grateful to see the Christ centred leaders raising up from their situation and circumstances and doing the work of God.

x

My prayer for you...

I pray when we serve God, we do not do it in vain as if we have to but because we want and love to. When we do things out of love God, it goes far. I pray our hearts cry out and say Lord, for you alone, oh Lord, for you alone.

Comments

Popular Posts