Satisfaction in Christ



Satisfaction in Christ


Satisfaction: the contentment one feels when one has fulfilled a desire, need, or expectation

Do you put your satisfaction in God? Or the World?

Nowadays it's very easy to put God second because there is always something out there that's trying to be first place i.e. money, fame, guys, girls, studies, work etc.

Does this sound familiar, ‘when I finish doing this, or next week when I feel better I will talk to God' or 'when I am less busy I will talk to Him’. Our Christian walk is way more important than a TV screen or whatever. So if you can’t ‘handle’ the Christian walk today then how on earth do we think were going to ‘handle’ it tomorrow? ‘Well, when I will have more money’ or ‘when I have more time, then I will speak to God’. You see that’s not right. See it’s so easy to idolise other things and give other people or those things the place God deserves and rightly owns.

James 4:8 (New International Version)
8Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

I remember one guy said something to me like ‘the only thing that’s stopping me from knowing Jesus is that I don’t think I will take this walk seriously’. So I said ‘come as you are. Think of the walk like a relationship, it’s as only as deep and intimate as you make it. Say your married, if you want your marriage to work you will spend time on it right? It takes time, communication, trust and most importantly Jesus. It doesn’t happen like that. Its like we think were a superhero we can do all things like that, were not God, it takes time, discipline, prayer, getting intimate with the Father and knowing the Father. You can’t have a successful Christian marriage without Jesus or succeed spiritually without getting to know the Holy Spirit.

For a very long time, even before I became saved I would put my trust or satisfaction in the things of the world and it wasn’t surprising when I would just fall and hurt myself, time and time again. I gave the world or my desires the place God deserved and that’s the worst thing you could ever do. It’s breaking the first commandment. I was idolising an object! I was idolising the creation rather than the creator!
Exodus 20:3
3 "You shall have no other gods before me.


After repenting I had to fix my vision because it was so unclear. I was like ‘why am I falling? I am a Christian and this is happening to me?’. What I needed was that satisfaction, that peace in Jesus. I thought I gave Jesus that place but really I didn’t.

One time the Holy Spirit revealed to me [READ CAREFULLY] ‘If you ‘cannot’ find happiness in Jesus what makes you think you’re going to find it in the world?’. What people don’t know is that we CAN know Jesus is just that we choose NOT to. If only I wasn’t wrapped up in myself and I listened to Jesus when he said:
John 6:35 (New International Version)
35Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

That would have saved me from further confusion and stress. A guy or girl or money or anything CAN NEVER EVER MESSURE UP TO GODS STANDARDS. NOTHING. If you think these things will. You’re kidding yourself. People in the world try and find satisfaction in drugs, sexual immortality, relationships etc. but what they really need is Jesus. Filling ourselves or replacing Jesus with these things won’t work.
I was also revealled by the Holy Spirit
'The love your looking for in man is the love your looking for in Christ'
This was so powerful. You see no man or woman can ever compare to Christ.

John 4:28

28Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29"Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did.

What I am saying is that we need to surrender and just let go of these idolatries, turn away and turn to Christ and let go of the distractions.

Comments

  1. Great teaching:)

    I especially like your explanation of the woman at the well....she was always my favorite example:) Truly, without that kind of reaction to our Lord's call on us, we're missing it. And like the Lord revealed to you, 'If you can't be satisfied with Jesus, how else will you be satisfied?' I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts